Tuesday 20 May 2014

greetings and salutations


Hello there gentle readers, allow me to introduce myself.  I'm Mrs B and I've been lurking in the shadows of the vintage blogging scene for many many years now.  Maybe I have even left a comment on your blog though I'm a shy sort and it is the rare instance that I will actually do that.


Last July I packed up two suitcases of things, put the rest in storage and moved from the greater Los Angeles area (where I was born and mostly raised) to my husband's hometown of Belfast in Northern Ireland.  We now live just outside of town in the lovely little village you see above.  I used to blog here, but over the last few years I lost both the interest and the inspiration to continue and ultimately just felt it would be best to pack up the blog and start all over again on that as well.  I will probably repost some of the better entries here in the future.


Back when I was in college I used to dress up in fur coats and 50's cocktail dresses for a trip to the supermarket.  I would groom my eyebrows to perfect arches, paint on winged eyeliner and a red cupid's bow every morning before going to class.  Between the ages of 16 and 22 I did not own a single pair of jeans.

Now I am a housewife and most days I don't change out of my house slippers.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not spending the days in sweats, but I'm a long way away from the winged eyeliner.

I am hoping this blog will a) be an incentive to bring back a touch of the glamour I have lost over the years and b) be a place to share my love of history and old things with you.  I'm aiming to post once a week, so we'll see how we go.

stay tuned . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment